Cards For Sale

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

SC313....Happy Valentine's Greeting




Happy Wednesday Peeps!!!

Sorry to be MIA for so long, it has been a hectic time around here and DH and I took a couple of days off for ourselves, haven't done that in forever and it was nice to spend some time together just the two of us!

Today I am sharing a card made with the sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers.

I loved this sketch when I first saw it, I love the out-of-the-box element of the sketch. I have been on a card making frenzy with this DSP. the Love Letters from Stampin' Up. I have made 5 valentine cards in the last couple of days with this paper and using the Greeting Card Kids stamp set, I know, but I can just not stop myself, you seriously need this set! I will be showing you all the Valentines cards I made over the next few days, but let's start with this one.

I used riding hood red for my card base. The card is a different size than what I usually make, but a miss cut after coloring my image lead me to cut down the size of the card, it is a 4-1/2 inch square. I followed up with a layer of basic black, I embossed one side, about 2 inches of the black with the vintage wall embossing folder. I used some dotted paper from the Love Letters DSP on the other side. I added a strip of riding hood red between the layers that I had punched with the pinking hearts edge punch. The cute little image is stamped with black stazon onto the very vanilla card stock and colored with my aqua painter and ink from my ink pads. The colors I used are Daffodil Delight, crumb cake, riding hood red and some blush blossom from my marker. I cut out the strip up to the edge of the little girls dress and then hand cut the girl out with my paper snips. This piece was matted at the bottom with riding hood red and I added a strip of basic black along the bottom edge.

The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and is stamped with black stazon onto the very vanilla card stock. I punched it out with the word window punch and mounted it to a piece of riding hood red card stock that was punched with the modern label punch. The sentiment and the panel with the girl are both added to the card with some dimesionals. I added some mini black brads to finish it up.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by today. HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! Love that tiny heart border in red and you did a fabulous job on the out of box feature! Can't wait to see all your other Valentines!

Dawn Easton said...

She's adorable! Love the out of the box technique! Glad to hear you and your husband took sometime to spend together over the holidays!!!