Cards For Sale

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Peace on Earth





Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!!!


Today's card share is made with this week's color challenge on Stacey's Stamping Stage and The Paper Players Christmas Themed Challenge.

This week's Curtain Call colors are Real Red, Basic Gray, Always Artichoke and Whisper White. The Paper Players theme was an easy one this week, any Christmas themed item.


The base of my card is made with the Basic Gray card stock. The main image and sentiment comes from the Level 2 Hostess Set in the Holiday Mini called "Peaceful Season".

I stamped the holly leaves and berries with Always Artichoke ink and colored the berries with my Real Red Marker. I then used my Basic Gray ink Pad for the Sentiment. It looks totally black but I swear I used Basic Gray ink! I added a bit of crystal effects to the berries. I layered this piece up with some real red scallops along the bottom, three rows actually and I pierced the scallops with my piercing tool and mat pack. I added a strip of basic gray and then more real red across the top. I used some always artichoke seam binding ribbon across the card and to make the bow. I used a real red button with some twine threaded through the button holes.





I love this color combo that Stacey picked this week! Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki



14 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

So very elegant, Vicki!

Kristi said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I love the layered scallops.Hope you won't mind if I use the idea!

Marisa said...

Classy, elegant card, Vicki. Right up my alley :) Fabulous use of the CC colours.

Wendy J. said...

You know, inevitably when I'm going through my google reader looking at 100 posts a day, when one comes up that I particularly like, it's yours! Fabulous card, Vicki!

Christina said...

Beautiful job with these colors, Vicki! I just adore the look of the pierced scallops, such a small detail that really makes for a unique look. Thanks for joining us again at the Curtain Call!

Janelle said...

Beautiful card! The rows of pierced scallops are such a nice touch. And the seam binding and bow are perfect. Love it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Vicki. That image is gorgeous and I love how you stamped the greeting over it. Great use of the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

jaydee said...

Vicki
this card is stunning. I LOVE the way you captured the color combo into this crisp, clean, gorgeous Christmas card.
So please you joined the Paper Players again this week and shared this wonderful card.
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I love the layered border! Clean, classy and fabulous! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just gorgeous, Vicki! I love the layered border and the seam binding is soooo pretty! A very classic and elegant creation! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players! :)

LeAnne said...

GORGEOUS!!! Clean, simple, beautiful lines & colors---perfection!

Maureen said...

gorgeous, Vickie!!! Love the holly berry image over the sentiment...way to work those colours, especially the grey!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! i saw this at the paper players and had to take another peek - this is so gorgeous!!! i love everything about it.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Love this Vicki. Congrats on the CC top 5! xo, Marian from CA