Cards For Sale

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mojo Ornament Card






Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today's card share is made with the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. This week you could pick a round or a square card. As you can see I choose round. I love round cards and had the idea right away to make my round card into an ornament. I used my nesties to cut out the scallop card and for all the circles on the card. I used the Stampin Up "Greeting Card Kids" stamp set, it is a favorite of mine and I just keep reaching for it over and over, even tho I have new rubber going UN-inked!!!

The Christmas girl is stamped with black stazon onto very vanilla card stock. I colored with my aqua painter and ink from the my ink pads. I used soft suede, cherry cobbler, more mustard, always artichoke, early espresso and crumb cake ink. I used a bit of watered down early espresso ink to splatter the image a bit.

The DS paper I used is from the Deck the Halls paper pack. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.I punched an extra large snowflake and cut it up to put behind the main image panel. I added a rhinestone to the center of the snowflake. The ornament top is made with always artichoke card stock punched with the Round Tab punch and embossed with the Vintage wall embossing folder. I added a hanger with some retired gold stretch cord.





Well, I hope you like this card/ornament, I think it turned out super duper cute!!! Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Jeanette said...

Fabulous.

Wendy J. said...

What an adorable card and wonderful idea! I love the ornament look! So so cute, Vicki!

Wendy said...

Love this!! Your coloring is fabulous along with your layout! Well done, my friend! :)

Marisa said...

Great work with this week's mojo sketch and love how you turned it into an ornament :)

Wanda Cullen said...

OMG, this is so creative to turn it into an ornament card! Saving this idea in my notebook of faves!

Lori Mueller said...

DANG!! This is SOOO cute! LOVE everything about it. And you thought you were losing your MOJO?!! TFS!

Holly Jordan said...

I love the ornament look :)Fabulous card!!!

Sandy Murphy said...

Vicky, you MOJO is back. This is such a beautiful card. I visit you site every day looking forward to your next creation. Take Care

Sandy M.

Patti said...

What a great idea. Your card is beautiful. Always enjoy your work.

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Vicki!! GORGEOUS layout and I love what you do with this stamp set!!

Carole Campanile said...

Gorgeous card! So very clever to create an ornament from that sketch.

Dawn Easton said...

ADORABLE, Vicki!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is sooo cute vicki

Unknown said...

great work. I am a big fan of round shaped cards and yours inpired me a lot.

cheers